Sunday, September 18, 2016

Final Semester Project(s) One

For my first piece this semester I decided to pivot midway to further augment my portfolio with more character art. Now that the main sculpt is done I will be cleaning and retopologizing this for later use.

I did do some work on the Sacred Grove that I will be continuing working on for my second project. Here's what I have so far. The environment is till proxy and the dias needs to be sculpted to add more detail. The sword however is almost done, just need to clean some of the geometry and sculpt in a few details before texturing.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Final Semester Projects

For my first piece I wanted to focus on an environment, specifically the Sacred Grove from A Link to the Past. I wanted to take the existing concept art for it and make something more realistic.

My second project I wanted to focus on props and weapons. 

The third piece I wanted to focus on portraiture, either focusing solely on face and hair or a bust.

As another option I was looking into a full body model of the Wraith from Witcher 3 or Twinmold from Majora's Mask

Monday, June 27, 2016

Akira: Kaneda's Motorcyle

We've reached the end of another project.

And for the next project I'm trying to chose between

Izanagi (or another Persona), a stylized/realism bust of Samus, or Sovereign.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Even More Portfolio Pieces

I was really torn for this project and had a hard time deciding on what I wanted to pursue. In the end I settled on modeling Kaneda's motorcycle from Akira. I wanted to focus on some hard edge modeling and vehicle construction.

Sunday, May 1, 2016

2D3D Final!

This was definitely a process >.<
I will definitely continue working on the textures to better work with the in-game lighting and enviro.

Monday, April 18, 2016

WIP Portfolio Piece!

 I started with basic geometry in maya to get the general proportions out of the way. Starting like this allowed me to get a lot of the UVing out of the way early and get base textures ready.

 I moved on to sculpting the body to get my normal maps for the game res mesh.

And here's the normal maps, basic materials, and textures combined.

The last piece I worked on was her face. Since it wasn't crucial to the mesh needed for the game I had the luxury of working this out last. Trying to match the Gigantic style was a lot harder than I anticipated, but oddly enough the aesthetics aligned with my own so it wasn't far outside my comfort zone.

From this point on I will be tweaking the game res to match the high res a little better and reducing the poly count to something a little more manageable, working out how Gigantic accomplished their texture maps, and furthering my sculpt to be portfolio ready.

OH and HAIR!
I'd really like to figure out some hair for her.